Thursday, September 13, 2012

The tremendous Bonnie Kate.

Tremendous. Adjective. Very great in amount, scale, or intensity.

Last spring, I had the honor of supporting my dear friend Bonnie Kate, (who I have a feeling I am going to talk about a lot on this blog, given that two of my first four posts concern her) in her final major project at the London College of Communication.

She decided to literally knit the world, because doing reasonable things just isn't really within the realm of possibility for her. Here is proof - if it's on a Ravelry project page, it must be true, right?

I can't lie, though - backing her project on Kickstarter wasn't exactly a selfless decision. There was something in it for me.

© Bonnie Kate Wolf

These babies were hand-knitted just for me as a backer reward by Bonnie herself. I've been watching her obsession with luscious handwarmers develop since she knit her first stitches, and even helped her decipher the pattern for her second ever pair, so there's no way I was about to pass these up. I can't wait for it to get cooler so I can wear these all the time and feel like my hands are made of raspberries!

© Bonnie Kate Wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment